Friday, February 02, 2007

 

It's Shufflin' Time!



Well, I couldn't get any Italian sausages from Portillo's, but the authentic Giordano's pizzas have made their way down from Chicago and are resting in my freezer. The trays of shrimp, veggies, and the finest meats and cheeses in all the land are being prepared at Food City. This is one Super Bowl party that I will never forget.

Having put up with taunts for the past two weeks regarding my Bears gear in court, I have to comment on you bandwagonning Colts fans. When did y'all decide to become Colts fans - before or after the Titans were eliminated from contention? I love Peyton, too, and if he is a Super Bowl champion come Sunday night, then I will be happy for him. However, I'm not throwing my team under the bus because I happen to like the opposition's QB and believe the judging of his achievements in college and the pros is ludicrous. Peyton Manning is one of the top three QBs in NFL history - whether he wins Sunday or not.

I do have faith in my Bears. That faith was confirmed when nearly every ESPN "expert" - yeah, the ones who had the rotten records at prognostication in this year's playoffs - picked the Colts to win. Yes, they picked the Colts, the team with a 4-4 record on the road in the regular season (compared to the Bears 7-1 road record).

My Bears have been shown a complete lack of respect for what they have accomplished this year. Rumor has it that they aren't happy with that, and a team playing for pride is a dangerous thing...

UPDATE: One e-mailer writes:

"COLTS: Count On Losing The Superbowl"

For those who asked this morning, this is the song that I was humming in court today (particularly the "punch out at work, can't wait to leave, Saturday's my Christmas Eve" lines):


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?